Kit List

 

I aim to camp for 3 nights, so I'm going to pare down from the amount of kit I took across France

I'm also acutely aware that on Day 3 I'll be climbing the Col de Vergio, 30km long, 1,500m up. With that in mind, I need to shed as much weight as I can. 

For a start off, I'm going to do without the ability to self brew a cup of coffee. That's the stove, gas, pan, coffee, filters, lighter and aeropress out. 

Do I really need a camping chair? Luxurious as it was last time, no. 

Sandals? Nope. 

Spare clothes? No. I managed fairly well showering at the end of each day in cycling kit, then rinsing the kit out and drying it overnight. Fingers crossed for good weather...

Front & Rear Panniers and rear luggage rack? Get it gone. 

So here’s what I'm taking, and where it will go:

On the Bike (Somewhere...)

  • Lock
Frame Bag
  • Tent Pegs
  • Pillow
  • Head Torch
  • EyeMask + Ear Plugs
  • Toolkit, comprising:
    • Cable Ties
    • Cables
    • Brake Pads
    • Chain Links
    • Duck Tape
    • Pump
    • CO2 head + cartridges
    • Spare Tubes
    • Lube
    • Spoke Key
    • Spare Spokes 
    • Jubilee Clips
    • MultiTool
Stem Bag
  • Medical kit, comprising:
    • Chamois Cream
    • Needles
    • Tresiba Insulin
    • Llumyev Insulin
    • Manual blood glucose testing kit
    • Spare blood glucose sensor
    • Painkillers
    • Plasters

Seat Pack

  • Tent Poles 
  • Air bed
  • Toiletries, comprising:
    • Toothbrush
    • Toothpaste
    • Shower Gel
    • Sun cream
    • Baby Wipes
  • Merino top short sleeve 
  • Merino top long sleeve 
  • Lightweight trousers / shorts
  • Sleeping clothes, underwear
  • Hat
  • Snood
  • Fleece Jacket
  • Waterproof jacket
  • Towel
  • Book
  • Glasses / Sunglasses

Handlebar Bar Harness

  • Sleeping Bag
  • Tent

Top Tube Packs (x2)

  • Gels, Sweets
  • Elite

Bum Bag

  • Air Pods
  • Phone
  • Tickets
  • Passport
  • Wallet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Bicingles bonanza

Day 0: Terminated Trains

Day 1: getting there